Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Summer is Over.

My old boss from Sydney and his wife stayed in Mojacar for a couple of days, it was a good but short catch up and I am pleased to say he and his wife loved it. They are half way through a mega world tour.

My favourite beach bar (Samoa Surf) is all but gone for the season, tomorrow morning the crane and truck will arrive  and take away the three containers that make up the bar. They are stored up at Anikas and Martins house up in the hills behind Mojacar.

It will all be taken back down to the beach next May.


It really is a strange time of year, the weather is superb, the sea warm but all the major hotels have shut and a lot of bars are getting ready for their end of season parties.  The upside is that the beaches are deserted and there is no problem parking anywhere, although even in the middle of summer it isn't too bad.

The narrowboaters belonging to the MCC (Mojacar Canal Club) start to arrive in the next few days, there will be even more coming down this year, Im guessing 16-20 will be escaping the doom and gloom of the English winter.

Healthwise I went to see the Dr last Thursday, he ordered a blood test to which I have just received the results, I have an appointment with him tomorrow and hopefully he will have an idea of what is going on, all I know is that quite a few of the readings are highlighted and not within the parameters. If I use Mr Google I have heart disease, liver cancer, diabetes to  name but a few so I will wait for the expert translation of the figures. Im hoping for an infection with a course of antibiotics to sort it.  The Dr seems pretty good, most importantly he speaks good English.

The thing that scared Elaine more than anything last year was being in a hospital and not understanding what they are saying, they do supply translators but they cant be with you all the time. I am insured so that will keep the costs down. 

No comments:

Post a Comment