Saturday, May 20, 2017

Angels XXX

Elaine spent nearly two months in the East Cheshire Hospice and passed where there last August 18th.

As I have said before, the staff there were the most passionate, caring and all round lovely people I have ever  met. I still get messages from them every now and again asking how I am going which is so thoughtful.

One lady (Jill) had a very strong attachment with Elaine, she spent hours with her talking about everything and anything plus of course looking after her needs, she brought in jars of Polish gherkins for her when Elaine was having strange cravings.

She sent me a message a little while ago that her and her husband Matt were coming to Mojacar as they have friends in the area and would I like to meet up for lunch.  

Of course I wanted to meet up, so yesterday we had the most wonderful lunch and catch up, their friends Jo and Clive also came along and were fantastic company.

We also had a video chat with some of the nurses who were working at the hospice, namely Carly, Sarah and Clare plus one whose name I cant remember.

All of these ladies are angels, and I can never thank them enough for the care that they gave to Elaine and the support that they gave to me and the boys during that emotional time.


Jill and myself
 It was a very long lunch at a fantastic restaurant, thank you for your company guys x
Jill, Matt, Clive, Jo and myself
 Later in the afternoon we went across the road to the beach, they all went for a swim, but I had to leave them to do a few chores, we will all meet up again in the not too distant future.

I went down to the garage early evening to check on progress with the Jag, she is looking good and should be ready to pick up in the middle of next week.

In the evening it was time to go to the pub, and listen to some really good music by Ashley and Dainius.

Whilst there I met up with another couple of Angels whose friendship means so much to me.

They are mature well above their years, and have been a fantastic help and support to me over the last 9 months or so.

The gorgeous Eva.


Lovely Lily.

Angels rule OK XX


No comments:

Post a Comment