Friday, May 26, 2017

Planning For The UK

What can I say about the Manchester bombings that have not already been said....not a lot really.

I cant imagine the grief that the  family  and the friends of the victims are feeling. Losing elaine was without a doubt the worst thing that has ever happened to me, and nothing in the future will be that bad. But we knew it was going to happen, we planned to live as good as life as we could, we planned the funeral together and we said our goodbyes, it was bloody awful but at least when it all ended it was quite peaceful and to be honest a relief.

With these poor people they have none of that, it must be so unbearable, it certainly affected me for a few days, I couldn't and still cannot get my head round the whole sad episode. Unfortunately there will be more of these attacks, it's just so so sad and wrong.

Meanwhile down in Mojacar life goes on, a few of us were invited to a friends house for a BBQ and very nice it was too.

The host Brian is due to return to the UK next Wednesday, he winters here in Mojacar, but this time he seriously doesn't want to go back, I think he may be back sooner rather than later.  

The car is back looking like new again, I had the front end resprayed whilst it was getting the damaged door and wheel arch repaired, it is now absolutely pristine, how long it will last that way is anyone's guess. 

My plans for my return trip to the UK are coming along nicely, I will be driving back through through France to Calais, it's a bit more difficult without the motorhome, so I have booked a Hotel in Teruel (Spain), then Bordeaux and Rouen in France. I will take the shuttle under the Channel, next stop will be Elaine's sisters near Maidstone, then Mousehole for two weeks, next stop will be my sisters caravan for ten days near Napton on the Hill. After that the caravan will be moved to Stoneleigh near Coventry where I will watch my niece do her stuff in the showjumping arena for six days. After that its two weeks on the Lancaster canal on a narrowboat, I have done a swap with some friends, I have the boat whilst they take off to Scotland in my car for a couple of weeks. No real plans after that, I hope to spend some time in the Macclesfield area, and also some time down south with some Aussie friends who will be in the UK for a month. Im really not sure how its all going to work out especially travelling on my own, but I do need a bit of a challenge. 

Peace xx

No comments:

Post a Comment