Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Road Trip To Ronda In The Shaguar



A couple of really good friends of mine were visiting Spain from Australia.

I have known Martin and Lesley since the early 80s when the first went to Oz, they are originally from the UK,  they lived in Sydney for a few years,  but for about the last 20 years they have been living in both mine and Elaine's favourite place Byron Bay.

They are in Spain for a couple of weeks and for one week they have rented a lovely villa near Ronda.

They invited me to come and see them, it's about a 400 k 4.50 hour drive so I thought it would be a good chance to give the Shaguar a good flogging run!  

Its a piece of cake drive with good roads all the way, the car performed faultlessly and returned 44 MPG, and I certainly wasnt hanging about, it is such a lovely car to drive, I can't imagine a more smoother riding car, I love it.

There is still a little snow left on the Sierra Nevadas. 

The villa they were renting was absolutely lovely. 

Ronda is probably one of the most visited places in Spain, it is a most spectacular place, it was more enjoyable in the late arvo/early evening when most of the day trippers had gone home.  

My lovely friends Martin and Lesley xx 


We had a lovely dinner later in the evening....thanks guys. 


Today we were up very early and after breakfast headed off to a most delightful town called Olvera, we actually preferred it to Ronda as there were literally no tourists.

At the top of the town was a wonderful church and a fort which dated back to the 12th century. 


The views from the top of the fort were sublime. 







I had to head back to Mojacar in the early afternoon as I had to pick the doggies up at 18.00. 

I came back via Malaga the Mediterranean motorway which is such a spectacular road, once again the car was just superb, the next long trip will be the UK in July, I cant wait. 

Tomorrow Im off to Almeria airport  to pick up my gorgeous niece Kimberly who is visiting me for a week, the weather is fantastic, so I think we will be doing a lot of chillin on the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment