Saturday, August 19, 2017

Finishing Up In The UK

The UK trip is now over and I am somewhere in the middle of France, scoffing Pizza and having a red wine.

The last part of the trip was to catch up with friends and relos in the Macclesfield area.

I visited the East Cheshire Hospice to once again thank the lovely ladies for looking after Elaine last year.

I had breakfast in town with two of the lovely ladies as they weren't working when I dropped in.

These two Sarah and Jill were the two that we had first contact with when Elaine was first admitted and became good friends with Elaine and myself.

I also caught a train over to Chester to catch up with Patti and Mick. they are a couple of Aussie friends who are in the UK for a months holiday.

I spent a fair bit of time walking in my favourite UK village Bollington, we lived here for six months when, elaine was having a course of chemo, I absolutely love it there and should I ever live in the UK it will be in Bolly. The weather is crap but the friendly people and amazing views more then make up for it. 





I left Macclesfield on Thursday and spent one night in Milton Keynes with my brother and family then one night in Kent with Elaine's sister.

I was up at 06.00 this morning to catch an early shuttle under the channel.  I then drove through the centre of France, going round Paris is always a bit fraught and its always nice to get to the other side unscathed. I stopped quite early as I was absolutely shattered, I will try and get up early tomorrow and clock up a few more miles. 

Im pretty sure I will go back to the UK again next year but will definitely investigate getting a caravan as it will be so much easier and will make the drive through Europe a lot more pleasant.

Peace xxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment