Monday, August 8, 2011

Jetlag and not such a good homecoming!

Today is my first day back at work, at least it is quiet this morning so I can do a little blog.

Arrived on time Saturday night and a quick taxi ride and I was home, good to see Elaine and the various animals plus of course Anthony, who is Elaine's nephew.

Went to bed at 10.30 and slept for 12 hours!!  Sunday was spent unpacking and trying to retrieve all the info from my failed phone sim card, which was unsuccessful.

Elaine mentioned that her beloved rabbit Bella hadn't eaten for the last day or so and was now just sitting in the backyard looking a bit ill, we rang the vet (Sunday) and were going to take her to see him at 4.30pm.
About an hour before that Elaine was out the back with Bella stroking her when she started letting out the most god awful screaming and thrashing around!!  I quickly joined her and we both sat stroking her and reassuring her, after about 10 minutes she passed away. It was pretty bloody awful, I didn't know rabbits could make such a noise. Our last dog Byron passed away in the same spot and in nearly the same fashion 4.5 years ago. I said to Elaine if I keel over at that spot in the garden call an ambulance!

After all that I felt like crap, plus the jetlag is such a killer, it usually lasts about 3-4 days then wham normal again. Ended up going to bed at 6.00pm and sleeping for 13hours on or off.

Moving ahead......only 3 months and I will be back in the UK, business this time so no time to play with narrowboats, should be able to squeeze in a pint or two at a canalside pub though. Plus ramp up efforts to sell more stuff and declutter and to move to the UK early next year and live the dream.

I will put some pics on soon from the trip, cant quite get my head around it at the moment.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment