Thursday, April 16, 2015

On Yer Bike!

I took the doggies for a walk up White Nancy this morning.  Brother Russ said when he went up there he zoomed in on a Vulcan bomber, so I had to check it out.

There it is in the distance, an old Vulcan bomber!  It is parked up at the old BAE factory at Woodford.  The Vulcan bombers were made here along with another famous aircraft the Avro Lancaster.

The site is now owned by JCB and is going to be developed, the white Vulcan is hopefully going on static display somewhere in the development.


Max zoom through the heat haze......yes heat haze!!


Had a chat with a lovely little lamb on the way back ...

As I was in a fitness mood I decided to break out the treadlie!  I went for a ride along the Middlewood Way, being an old railway line it is flat!

I ended up at Marple 7.5 miles away ...

Proof that I made it ...

The start of the Macc canal ...

I started to tire on the way back, mainly the legs as I hadn't ridden a bike in anger for years, so 15 miles on the first run was maybe a bit too ambitious.


By the time I got back I felt quite ill, admittedly I am still recovering from my wog so that may be part of it!

After a good afternoon nap all is well again.

No comments:

Post a Comment