Friday, April 10, 2015

Wandering Around Aynho

Our plan for today was to move somewhere between here and Bolly, but I still felt crappy this morning so we decided to stay put.

I even got out of bed early to get an early morning shot of the canal ...

Later in the morning we headed off up the canal for a walk, once again it was a stunning sunny day ...

The River Cherwell was very calm.  We helped a few boats through the lock and had a chat before heading off up the hill towards the woods ...

Our path was blocked by some killer cows, so we back tracked behind the gate.  They had calves with them so were in a very protective mood ...

I backed off with the boys while Elaine bonded with the bovines ...

I was happy a few metres back waving at the trains passing on the line below!

On the way back to the van Elaine filled up a bag of litter.  It is pretty good around here but some dirty bastards still litter the hedgerow ...

When we got back to the van I had a play with the self seeking satellite as I couldnt get a fix or pic  last night.  I tried to download a manual that apparently contained a virus, so Elaine has spent a good couple of hours cleaning up my laptop, oops!

I moved the van to try a different location to try and get a fix.  It was doing my head in until I looked at the control box, it is split into three sections, Northern Europe, Central Europe and Southern Europe.   Bollington was Northern Europe and I was trying to lock onto a satellite up north, I hit the Central Europe button and hey presto two mins later Elaine was watching Home and Away!  I wasted two hours of my life because it couldn't see the bleedin obvious!  



No comments:

Post a Comment