We have been thinking a lot lately of our future plans (just for a change!).
Our first plan is to head to Europe in the motorhome for an undetermined time, plus travel around the UK to visit other places away from the canal.
One thing that is a definite is that we don't want to spend another winter in the UK ... they are just too long and miserable!
So, we will either rent a place in Spain or live in the motorhome in Spain or if that doesn't appeal to us we will return to Oz.
Whilst we are doing all this travelling around poor old Caxton will be sitting in the marina :-(
Therefore we have made the rather sad decision to sell her!
I will do a proper ad with lots of nice internal pics later, but thought I would put it out there now, just in case there are any blog readers or friends of blog readers or friends of friends of blog readers who would like to buy a fantastic, lovely, well proven and well looked after live-aboard narrowboat.
Here is a brief Spec sheet of the boat ...
1. 68 ft Semi-Trad, built on a Reeves shell and fitted out by Barn Owl narrowboats, Ash fitout, NO MDF.
2. Launched October 2008. It was the Canal Boat test-boat March 2009 and Barn Owl show boat at Crick May 2009.
3. It is a 'Reverse layout' with cross bed in the bow.
4. Ubiquitous Beta 43hp teamed with a PRM 150 Hydraulic Gearbox
5. Powerful Vetus 75kgf (6hp) Electric bow thruster
6. 5 x 110Ah AGM Leisure Batteries 1 x Engine battery 1 x Bow thruster battery.
7. 240v Travel Power Generator plus Mastervolt 2.5Kw inverter/charger
8. LED lighting throughout the boat
9. Full size Belling gas cooker
10. Full size Neff dishwasher
11. Full size John Lewis clothes dryer
12. Full size Miele washing machine
13. 12v Fridgemaster fridge
14. Granite bench tops
15. Hurricane Diesel heater. supplying hot water and heating 5 radiators
16. Calorifier in the engine room heated by the engine, Hurricane heater and 240v immersion heater.
17. Aarrow ecoburn multi-fuel stove
18. Flat Screen 240 v TV with freesat.
19. 12v Radio/CD player with ipod connection.
20. Thetford Cassette toilet with spare cassette.
21. Full size shower.
22. Double glazed portholes.
23. 2 x Houdini hatches
24. 2 x side hatches.
25. 160 gallon stainless steel water tank.
26. Loads of storage space and cupboards.
27. Super big extended cratch, with cellar doors, allowing access to a huge underfloor storage area. You wouldn't believe the amount of men that have 'cratch envy' ... I'm serious! There is no need to have any clutter on the roof, the extended cratch also makes a superb dining area in the summer.
28. Caxton is a quality live-aboard boat, if you check out the blog http://narrowboatcaxton.blogspot.co.uk/ you can see the boat being built, and follow Lesley and Joe's adventures on her up to January 2012 ... after that it is all covered on this blog.
29. The Price .... High 60K.
Any more info you can email us by clicking here or phone 07412176567.
I will do a e-beaut ad later.