Thursday, September 1, 2016

More Reminiscing.....

Yesterday was my take it easy day, I spent the day, walking in the sunshine.....

Trainspotting from a distance.......

And sitting reading next to the van, with a glass of wine in one hand and the camera in the other.

I took this vid late in the day, but if you turn up the sound you can hear the steam engine working hard, music to my ears!

There is also a semi naked man walking across the shot!


This morning I headed off to the coast to an area where we lived in the mid sixties.

It was a great place to live as a kid, I still dont really why we moved back daan saaf, As a young un I had no say in the matter.

First stop was Saltburn By The Sea, we used to go fishing off the  pier here and always caught a mackerel when we dropped a line in.

Once again the weather was lovely, with a few holiday makers around but nothing like the hordes in Whitby. 

I cant imagine how cold the sea was, but a few brave souls where in it! 

I then moved a couple of miles along the coast to Marske By The Sea which is where we lived and I went to school.

This is our old house, just opposite the beach, it still looks good.


I parked up on the stray which is a stretch of land between Marske and Redcar. 

I took the boys for a walk along the deserted beach and strangely ended up in a pub!

And here we are moored up for the night in a carpark with a sign that reads no parking between 22.00 and 08.00 7 days a week. There are a few other motorhomes here so we will be fine. 








3 comments:

  1. Wonderful for you to re-visit old haunts, looks like an idyllic place to grow up in. Sending love and hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes it's just right going back to these places. I did Norfolk last year and North Wales this year. Loved the nostalgia.

    ReplyDelete